Hello dear reader, Chicken curry has been an important part of my childhood. When I was younger if I knew that my mom would make chicken curry that day, I couldn’t wait to reach home, I would be so excited because I used to love eating it and now when I can actually make chicken curry on my own, I am off course very excited to share the recipe with all of you.
You can serve this chicken curry with rice, chappatis, parota, naan or with Lemon rice
FOR THE MARINATION-
- Chicken – 250 grams
- Ginger – garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
For the Curry:-
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Cloves – 2
- Cardamom pods- 2
- Cinnamon stick – small piece
- Onion -2 finely chopped
- Green Chilli -1
- Ginger- Garlic paste – 1tsp
- Tomato- 3
- Tumeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Corriander powder- 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Water – about 1/2 cup
- Corriander leaves – handful
- Marinate the chicken in the ingredients given under the marination column , and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the onions and tomatoes finely.
- In a pan add oil, then add the cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods and stir for a minute so that the flavor of whole spices gets infused in the oil.
- Add the onions,green chilli, Ginger – garlic paste and saute till the onion turns brown, add water to avoid burning.
- Add tomatoes , salt, tumeric powder, Corriander powder, red chilli powder and saute until oil is released.
- Then add the chicken and saute well for about 5-6 minutes till it turns white.
- Add water , and let it boil on low flame, then add the garam masala and corriander leaves.
- Serve hot!
Tips and tricks:-
- You can replace lemon juice instead of vinegar.
- You can also add kasuri methi in the end.