Hello dear reader, Capsicum is definitely my favorite vegetable. I really appreciate the fact that just by adding capsicum to any dish the taste ellevates at least 10 folds. So imagine my joy when I first saw this dish on YouTube on this channel called ‘Pick up Limes‘ by Sadia, I absolutely love her channel, you should definitely check it out, if you haven’t already.
If you like corn you can use it as your filling, if there is paneer available you can stuff the capsicum with it, honestly you can use any vegetable as your stuffing, I personally think that this recipe is an awesome method of clearing all the extra veggies lying around.
So let’s get started:-
- Capsicum – 3
- Onion -2
- Tomato – 3
- Ginger – garlic paste – 1tsp
- Green chilli – 1 finely chopped
- Potatoes – 4 medium sized
- Cheese – as recquired
- Tomato sauce- 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – according to taste
- Oregano – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Corriander leaves – handful
- Oil – 3tsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Water – as required
- Add the potatoes with the recquired water and a tsp of salt in a pressure cook and cook for 1 whistle. After which mash it.
- In a pan add oil to it add finely chopped onions , green chilli and ginger-garlic paste then cook till the onion looses it’s pink color.
- Then add the tomatoes and cook till it becomes soft.
- Then add the mashed potatoes and season it with red chilli powder, salt, oregano powder, tomato sauce.
- Mix well and then add Corriander leaves.
- Cut the capsicum horizontally into half and deseed it.
- Sprinkel salt on the insides of the capsicum, then fill it generously and then apply cheese on it.
- Place on a baking tray with the cheese side facing top.
- Let it cook in the microwave for 15 -20 minutes at 180 degree depending on how charred you like it.
- You can serve with tomato sauce
Tips and tricks:-
- I have used cheese spread because that’s what I had, but you can grate mozerella cheese which I think will work wonderfully.
- You can serve this as an evening snack or as side dish with rice.
- You can also skip cheese if you wish to.