Hello dear reader, baking cookies is the easiest dessert you will ever make, it recquires very little effort but the results are amazing.
Now the reason why I have used jaggery is because :-
- Jaggery is way healthier than brown sugar as it is loaded with nutrients.
- Jaggery is easily available.
- Jaggery is much more economical than sugar.
Now the cookies come out soft and crumbly , you can serve alongside a cup of coffee , or a tall glass of milk, you can also crumble the cookies and serve the crumble with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You can also heat the cookies for 10 seconds because there is nothing better than warm cookies.
Now if you bake the cookies immediately they will definitely be soft but they won’t rise well.
But if you let it rest the cookie will rise beautifully and the texture will be soft and crumbly
So it is really up to you to choose whether you want to wait or not.
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Salted Butter – 1 cup
- Powdered Jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 3/4 tsp
- Whole Egg – 1
- Chocolate chips – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 2 tsp
- Before you start baking keep the butter on your counter for at least an hour , so that it becomes soft.
- Make sure you don’t melt it because we need a creamy texture for the cookies.
- Put the softened butter in a big bowl and wisk it till you get a creamy texture.
- Add a whole Egg, vanilla extract and the powdered jaggery and wisk well until it becomes one homogeneous mixture.
- Sieve the all purpose flour and the baking soda together so that they combined well.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Wisk well but don’t over beat it.
- Now make a dough.
- Let it rest for 24 hours.
- The next day pre heat your oven at 180 degrees.
- Roll the dough into small balls and arrange it on the baking tray which should be lined with butter paper.
- Make sure that the cookies have ample space in between at least 3 cms.
- Let the cookies bake in the oven for 12 minutes or till cooked completely.
- Cool the cookies and then enjoy it.
Tips and tricks :-
- Make sure that you use butter paper/ baking sheet for baking otherwise the dough will stick to your tray.
- You can insert a toothpick or a knife into one of the cookie if it comes out clean that means your cookie is baked completely.
- I have also added a little chocolate powder, ths is the reason the cookie has the light dark brown color.