Lauki tikki sounds so unusual right? But it tastes absolutely spot on. Serve it to your family and even your guests and everybody will absolutely love it.
Honestly I like most people found lauki (bottle gourd ) to be a borring vegetable but this recipe has certainly changed my perspective, and I’m pretty sure that it will change your perspective too.
Let’s begin :-
- Bottle gourd – 1
- Soaked channa dal – 1 cup
- Cinnamon small – small piece
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Whole Pepper – 5
- Dry red chilli – 1
- Green chilli – 1
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Mint leaves – handful
- Corriander leaves – handful
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Bread crumbs – accordingly
- Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as per your taste
- Water – as per your requirement
- Peal the bottle gourd and cut it into small pieces, omitting the center part of it.
- Then in a pan add the chopped bottle gourd, soaked channa dal, cinnamon stick, cumin seeds, dry red chilli, chopped Ginger and garlic pieces, chopped green chilli pieces and water.
- Close the pan with a lid.
- Let it cook till all the water is absorbed and till the dal is cooked.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Grind it in a mixer, until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Transfer the mixture in a bowl and add salt, Chaat masala, garam masala, chopped Corriander leaves and mint leaves and bread crumbs.
- Mix it gently.
- Roll the dough into small balls.
- Shallow fry / Deep fry and serve hot.
Tips and tricks:-
- Make sure that there is no moisture in the dough.
- You can certainly adjust the spice level by adding more or less chillies according to your preference.
Make sure to like and comment your opinion in the comments section below as it always encourages me.